Friends of the Library Spring Book Sale
FOL is accepting gently-used books for the upcoming Spring Book Sale
Scheduled for May 18 & 19.
Please be aware that if books smell of smoke, mildew, or any other strong odor, we are unable to sell the books and cannot accept them.
Friends of the Library usually holds board meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m.
- Shirley Glade, President
- Sharon Pittman, Secretary
- Susan Trowbridge, Treasurer
- Shirley Rogers, Director
- Bud Tully, Director
- Bob Jones, Director
- Kevin Walter, Director
Purpose of Friends
The purpose of Friends of the North Manchester Public Library is to:
- maintain an association of persons interested in libraries;
- focus public attention on the library;
- stimulate the use of the library's resources and services;
- encourage gifts, endowments and memorials for the library;
- provide direct financial assistance for buying special items which would benefit the library, but cannot be funded from the normal operating budget;
- support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community;
- sponsor programs designed to enrich the cultural life of the community; and
- support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
Memberships and Benefits
Friends of the Library rely on members to assist in fund raising activities, such as the book sales and the golf tournament, that benefit the library in many ways, including funding the summer reading programs for children, teens, and adults and other projects that are beyond the means of the library's regular budget. By joining Friends, you contribute to this effort. Your participation can be as big or as little as you choose, both monetarily and physically.
All memberships are tax deductible. All members receive the library newsletter and an extra checkout day for video & DVD materials. Members at the Silver level or above may attend a special pre-sale on the evening before the December Book Sale.
The following levels of membership are available:
- Active $15.00
- Silver $25.00
- Gold $50.00
- Benefactor $100.00
- Bless Your Heart $500.00
Become a Friend
To join Friends of the Library, please send the following information along with your membership dues to:
Susan Trowbridge, Treasurer
405 N. Market Street
North Manchester, IN 46962
(Or contact a member of the library staff.)
Third printing and revised edition
with a new integrated index
of businesses and individuals
Available for purchase from
Friends of the Library
$20.00/copy, plus $2.77 for shipping
Reserve your copy now – send your name, the number of copies you want, and your address (if you want it shipped) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Sale
Looking for something special for that special someone? Friends of the Library sells library-related items to benefit NMPL. These items can be seen in the display case across from the Adult Services desk.
t-shirts, sizes S-L-XL-XX, $10.00;
book bags, $8.00;
book bags w/contrasting straps, $12.00;
wooden replica of new building, $10.00;
stationery, 10 note cards with envelopes, $4.00;
baseball caps, $4.00;
ear buds, $1.00; and