The North Manchester Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Children’s Librarian.
The Children’s Librarian is responsible for the operation of the Children’s Department of the Library, and for the selection, storage, retrieval, interpretation and dissemination of materials needed for the children of the community, and management of the resources in the department.
The Children’s Librarian reports to the Director, with whom he/she collaborates on administrative decisions. The Children’s Librarian supervises the Children’s Department library clerks and the Children’s Program Coordinator. This is a full-time position.
- Education–College graduate, with some specialization in children’s work; library science course work preferred.
- Experience–Prior work with children required; prior work in a library preferred.
- Special Skills-Administrative ability; outstanding customer service skills; computer skills.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
- Ability to attain Library Certification 6 (LC6) within six months of hire date.
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to:
Amy Acree, Director
North Manchester, IN 46962